(don't judge)Favorites from my Kitchen
- Justin's Honey Almond Butter
- Cuisinart single-serve blender
- heavy duty foil
- Contigo mugs and bottles
- salted caramel sauce (made by moi)
- Bodum Brazil french press
- milk chocolate covered espresso beans (from Sprouts)
Favorite Restaurant Foods
- crab bisque ~ Cascades American Cafe Restaurant, Gaylord Opryland Hotel (Nashville, TN) - I don't typically recommend hotel food, but if I lived in Nashville I'd eat it at least once a week.
- huevos rancheros ~ Mi Cocina (TX & OK) - This dish hasn't been on their menu for over a year, but I continue to order it and they continue to make it. I love the fresh lettuce, tomato and avocado and fresh fruit that comes with it.
- egg salad sandwich ~ Thundercloud Subs (Austin, TX) - I never thought egg salad would become something mandatory on a visit anywhere, but every time I go to Austin now I HAVE to get one. It's light and not too acidic, just perfectly balanced.
- heaven beef ~ Nandina (Dallas, TX) - I don't eat meat anymore, but I remember this from before my vegetarian days as one of the best things I'd ever eaten.
- Chilean sea bass with lobster risotto, citrus & basil ~ Al Biernet (Dallas, TX) - They may be known for their steaks, but this sea bass was something I raved about for days.
- pizza with black olives, artichoke hearts and fresh mozzarella ~ Campania Pizza (Dallas, TX) - This pizza is probably the thing I miss most about living in Uptown.
- chocolate crackle cookies ~ Tart Bakery (Dallas, TX) - Quite possibly the best cookie I've ever had.
- salted caramel gelato ~ Paciugo (national chain) - So good it's brought about an obsession with salted caramel that spans several blog posts. The pineapple is hard to find, but equally good if you're in the mood for light and fruity.
- molten chocolate cake ~ Grand Lux Cafe (national chain) - This always hits the spot. It's an obvious combination but it perfectly compliments the scoop of vanilla ice cream dusted with cocoa powder served alongside it and the effect is one of comfort food for me.